02. 10. 2019 – 02. 10. 2019 | Vilnius
The Lithuanian iPAAC dissemination meeting was held on 2 October 2019 at the Vilnius University Hospital Santaros Clinic.
Participants: cancer specialists of Lithuanian Ministry of Health and Cancer Board; representatives and administration members of Vilnius University Hospital, National Pathology Center and National Cancer Institute, Kaunas University of Health Science, volunteer participants.
Stakeholder meeting conclusion related and subsequently implemented projects by Ministry of Health of Republic of Lithuania:
- To strengthen the efficiency and quality of the implementation of screening programs (cervix, breast, colon) in Lithuania, a project on organized population-based screening programs is implemented. Requirements on quality of the screening process and screening test procedures in line with European guidelines, e-health subsystem will be developed, pilot activities of coordination centers will be tested, training of health professionals will be provided. The project started in October 2019 and will be completed in November 2021.
- To improve the availability, quality of services concerning cancer diagnosis and treatment in health care institutions which provide specialized health care services for patients with cancer, project on designing, testing and launching of the effective patient flow models (“green corridor”) in oncological is under preparation.
- To improve availability of predictive biomarker testing for individualized cancer therapies by setting quality assurance and reimbursement procedures. The regulation will define the indications for molecular testing, testing quality criteria and reimbursement of predictive testing required by innovative cancer therapies funded by compulsory health insurance.
- Agenda (PNG file, 140 kB)