WP leader: Cancer Society of Finland (Satu Lipponen)
The aims of the work package is to
- Update, build awareness and strengthen implementation of the European Code Against Cancer (ECAC) in Member States
- Plan a sustainable monitoring system with a follow-up structure for ECAC
- Target vulnerable populations to reduce inequalities and foster health promotion (building upon the CanCon policy papers and the Guide)
- Reinforce cancer prevention via population-based screening programmes, further developing the principles of the 2003 EU recommendations on screening
- Identify data collaboration partners and to describe the process leading to better implementation of screening.
- Strengthen screening practices with quality criteria and to remove obstacles of early detection of cancer.
Specific objectives are the following:
- Monitoring of ECAC recommendations in the long-term perspective
- Providing a special focus on conflicting recommendations
- Exploring early detection and management strategies
- Organising European Week Against Cancer conferences and providing 3 reports for the article of the iPAAC chapter on prevention